Old April 28th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
U n d e r a c h i e v e r U n d e r a c h i e v e r is offline

Default New camera scam

On 28/4/06 09:40, in article
, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

The solution to this is to move the traffic light poles back so they are
level with the car stop line.

In almost every other country I've been to, you stop in a line with the
traffic lights -- ie don't pass a red signal. But here, oh no, we scatter
traffic lights confusingly all over a junction, often way past the stop line
on the other side of the road, and then paint a white line and tell people
don't cross that line if the lights are red.

It was always a bad system; better enforcement of it makes it more obviously
so.

--

U n d e r a c h i e v e r

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server