Old September 21st 03, 07:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
HP HP is offline

Default Whats up with charging £5.10 for an off-peak travel card?

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:30:36 +0100, HP wrote:

It is not that five pounds is so outrageous...But £5.10 just means you

need
a tenner, and have £4.90 in small change.

Surely the amount of change that is required at the ticket office,

negates
the benefit of the extra 10p.

It just seems like a silly price....£5.10p...just shave off the 10p for
crying out loud....

I do agree that the extra 10p is a little silly, but how many people
actually buy an off peak all zone card? Remember 1-4 and 1-2 are cheaper.

That may be so, but some of us live in the outer zones. Infact i had to walk
a mile to another line, cos my station was out of action for maintenance, I
should have claimed for a cab fare!