Old May 5th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
[email protected] thconniffe@googlemail.com is offline

Default Metropolitan Line

On 2006-05-04, John in Surrey wrote:
Hi folks
Is it me or are the trains slow on this line?

Indeed they are John. 'A' stock trains have a maximum speed of around
50mph as they are now very old dears - the oldest are 45 years of age.
As an example, it takes ten minutes longer now to travel from Watford
to Baker Street than it did when I was a kid in the early 1980s.

When the 'S' stock is introduced on the met (in 2010?) expect a big
drop in journey times as the trains will have a maximum speed of 70mph.

THC