Old September 21st 03, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Crossrail a poor buy?

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:07:13 +0100, Colin wrote:
That was the first time around many years ago, where the project was

killed
off by a committee of (mainly Tory) London MP's with a 'not in my back

yard'
and anti-subsidy agenda.

Things have somewhat progressed since then.

What, you call people that live in Manchester or Wales subsidising the
transport needs of Londoners "progress". All government subsidy is the
most definitely anything but progress, but when you charge people that
have no benefit whatsoever, you become worse then Ken!

If taxpayers do have to subsidise it, it should come out the local taxes
of London business and commuters.

You are obviously ignorant of the fact that Londoners massively subsidise
the rest of the UK with their tax outlay - something that Ken is always
quick to highlight.

Crossrail would only go a small way to redress the huge historic inbalance.

Perhaps London should go independent and keep all our tax revenue to
ourselves - then you'd be sorry!

Colin