Old May 10th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Metropolitan Line

Matthew P Jones wrote:
The A stock is restricted to I believe 50mph owing to cracks in the
bogies.

The Chiltern services which share part of the track go faster. In the
past I am sure I saw sped signs for 70, but perhaps it is 60 now.

It's 50 for A stock, 60 for 165s and 168s. The only section posted at
70 is north of Amersham.

The potentially reduced seating of the S stock is a problem, as I
believe is the type of seat, it can be a long journey out to Amersham /
Chesham

At the moment no one seems to know what type of seating will be used in
the S stock for the long runs out to Amersham - current thinking is
that there will be a hybrid seating arrangement to cater for both types
of usage patterns.