Old September 21st 03, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Crossrail a poor buy?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:00:52 +0000, Cast_Iron wrote:
We live in a society where we all pay in to a central pot
and everyone benefits from that central pot.

And that society is wrong

So why do you continue to live in such a society? Unless you've already left
the UK in which case what are you whinging about?

Ahh, so when Thatcher was in I take it you supported her every decision.
After all if you didn't like it you should have left.

Why dont we have the U.S. System where you get a referendum on taxes? Or
the Swedish system where they get a referendum on pretty much everything?

(Yet again) Taxes levied on motor vehicles and their use is not
hypothecated.

(Yet again), this is unfair theft and discrimination against the poor.