Old September 21st 03, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Crossrail a poor buy?

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:00:52 +0000, Cast_Iron wrote:
We live in a society where we all pay in to a central pot
and everyone benefits from that central pot.

And that society is wrong

So why do you continue to live in such a society? Unless
you've already left the UK in which case what are you
whinging about?

Ahh, so when Thatcher was in I take it you supported her
every decision. After all if you didn't like it you should
have left.

Why dont we have the U.S. System where you get a referendum
on taxes? Or
the Swedish system where they get a referendum on pretty
much everything?

(Yet again) Taxes levied on motor vehicles and their use
is not hypothecated.

(Yet again), this is unfair theft and discrimination
against the poor.

The poor can't afford to run motor vehicles.