Old May 14th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Thames Barrier

In message , Rev. CMOT
TMPV writes

I am going to London shortly and want to see the Thames Barrier. Is there
Tube stop nearby? None of the tourist guide books even list this as a
tourist place but I'm very curious. Any advice is welcome.

Jubilee line to North Greenwich, then bus 472 or 161 from Bus Stop A
outside the station. Alight at the Thames Barrier stop - the visitor
centre is a few minutes' walk from the stop.

Both services run at about 10-minute intervals and the journey time is
about 12 minutes. Your 2-zone travelcard will cover the complete
journey.

National Rail to Charlton, and then a bus, is another possibility - but
Charlton is in Zone 3, so the journey wouldn't be completely covered by
your travelcard.

You can also see the barrier by riverboat from Westminster or Greenwich
- good fun, but more expensive, and the boats don't normally set down or
pick-up at the barrier.

(Also, I will get a 7 day 2 zone travelcard as I usually do. Are these still
paper or have they gone Oyster too?)

Yes - still available, either on paper or on Oyster.

--
Paul Terry