Old May 14th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default PAYG and Ken on news

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:51:40 +0100, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

In some of these cases, the CDR remains cheaper even if one or both of
the outward/return journeys are during evenings/weekends when the PAYG
fares are discounted.

"No need to plan"?!

The whole thing gets messier and messier. Trying to explain to students
whether they benefit more from the TfL season discount or buying daily with
a YPR gets even more messy.

Perhaps, but I'd hate to see the solution (if one is really needed)
being to simply withdraw all the CDRs and stop giving Railcard
discounts.

(It really irritates me when a company passes off a price increase as
"making our charges easier to understand" or some such.)