Old September 21st 03, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default "le crossing" A question

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:30:00 +0100 Andrew said...

Do they not take debit or credit cards?

I'd have thought not, as they'd slow the tolls down too much, although I
could be wrong. Last time I went through (last autumn) most of the lanes
were the sort with a big hoper to throw coins into.

Perhaps they ought to have just one lane for those wanting to pay by card
& your penalty is a long queue!

Even if the OP had didn't have enough cash on him to pay the £1 toll, I'd
hope he would have had a credit or debit card. Not really advisable to
drive around without any method of paying for things!

--
Phil Richards
London, N4