Old May 16th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default The Tube: top quality

In message . com, John
B writes

To redress the balance, I thought I'd share details of my recent trip
on the Rome Metro.

When in Rome ... walk!

Some years ago, and against my better judgement, I accompanied a friend
who had never been to Rome before on a half-day sightseeing tour by
coach. The first hour was spent crawling 500m along the Via del
Trittone, after which we had to get and out walk because of the
pedestrian zones around the Piazza Navona. The coach eventually picked
us up on the Zanardelli, and then took almost other an hour for another
500m to the Vatican - at which point the air-conditioning packed up and
we left to continue on foot. Highly unrecommended!

Last time I was in Rome I took the Metro B Line out to Tiburtino, from
where mainline trains were leaving because Termini was closed. It was
quite early on a Saturday, so no over-crowding, but the graffiti and
smell were both astonishing!

--
Paul Terry