Old May 17th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Hamm & City

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I thought part of the deal with the congestion charge was Ken got his £8
quid a go (A fiver then) and we got a decent transport system. This one
we've got appears to be disintegrating.

ITYM "Ken got his 8 quid a go and we got a load of new buses". The
Tube hasn't had as much to do with it, I believe.

The main beneficiaries of that, other than bus users of course, are the
main UK bus companies who have been benefitting from a good second-hand
market in decent buses that have been appearing all over the country.

Neil