Old May 17th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
[email protected] J.P.Knight@lboro.ac.uk is offline

Default Strange sight in Thurrock - PRT?

In uk.railway John Rowland wrote:
Today (Tuesday) at lunchtime I saw a car transporter at the M25/A13 junction
heading towards Tilbury. The cargo was approximately 18 identical cabins,
possibly for some sort of PRT (personalised rapid transit). They were black
and sleek, so I don't think they belonged to a fairground ride. It's
possible that they belonged to the sort of "road-train" in operation during
the summer along Hastings seafront, but they didn't really look right for
that either. Any clues?

They weren't those little electric cars that have been popping up on
the telly every so often (one on Newsnight last night for example, and
on Top Gear a few weeks ago). All the ones I've seen of those have been
black.

Jim'll