Old May 17th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
[email protected] richiethom@gmail.com is offline

Default Strange sight in Thurrock - PRT?

John Rowland wrote:
Today (Tuesday) at lunchtime I saw a car transporter at the M25/A13 junction
heading towards Tilbury. The cargo was approximately 18 identical cabins,
possibly for some sort of PRT (personalised rapid transit). They were black
and sleek, so I don't think they belonged to a fairground ride. It's
possible that they belonged to the sort of "road-train" in operation during
the summer along Hastings seafront, but they didn't really look right for
that either. Any clues?

I've occasionally seen the cabs for things like JCBs/similar on the
backs of car transporters - it wasn't those was it?