Old May 17th 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Hamm & City

I find using the Central & Victoria lines to get from
Shepherd's Bush to UCL (via Warren St) vastly superior to the H&C

Blimey. A trip involving a rush-hour change at Oxford Circus
is better? I

I used to use it KX to Shep Bush (office is closer to the H&C station)
but the 8.5 min frequency means even including the walk the central is
quicker. I can never hit a known NR train fom KX on the H&C but via OXO
is predictible (and of course a cancelled H&C means a missed NR and a
half hour wait for the next one!).

H&C KX to Shep Bush is 18 mins (26.5 if you just miss one and 35 if the
next is cancelled!). Vic/Central is 16.5 (plus the change at OXO).
Trains every 2 mins so cancellations don't have too much of an effect.