Old May 21st 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon John Salmon is offline

Default Unusual terminal points on LU

"Chris Read" wrote
Hornchurch on the District is occasionally used in this fashion. I believe
the train and platform destination indicators have continued to show
Upminster (from the west), backed up by PA announcements to change at
Hornchurch for alternative transport.

IIRC, during a strike day several years ago, Hornchurch became a terminal
point from the *east* - a truly token service!

Is the crossover at Hornchurch still operational? I'm interested because
it's one of a small(ish) number of crossovers on LU that I haven't managed
to traverse. I seem to recall that it was refused for a railtour organised
by the SEG, but that was several years ago.