Old May 22nd 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

"John B" wrote in news:1148303755.459166.188860
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
Overall, not a bad PT experience on either side of the Channel - and as
usual, the weakest link was the plane. The card experience was
frustrating, though: do UK ticket machines treat foreign cards as
ineptly as the Dutch machines do?

I use my Maestro to get train etc tickets at Amsterdam central station.
Never had a problem.

I know that many UK ticket machines do not accept Visa Electron from the
continent. In fact, many shops don't, for some reason.