Old May 22nd 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

On 22 May 2006 06:15:55 -0700, "John B" wrote:

2) BA to Schiphol. An hour late arriving. Surly service, no apology for
delays. I wish through tickets on the E* and Thalys didn't cost
£300...

You can sometimes save a fair chunk on the Continent by getting
separate tickets for the Eurostar and non-Eurostar legs, especially if
you can find a cheap ticket for the foreign leg (eg a Prems ticket in
France).

Or you could get the "One" stations - NS stations ticket via the ferry
for GBP25, which isn't as silly as it sounds.

4) Trams are good. Having ticket machines onboard is a brilliant idea
and I wish TfL would add them to the bendybuses. Overall (and
uncontroversially), Amsterdam's public transport system is one of the
best I've ever used. Haven't tried the underground, though.

It is fairly grim, like many European metros.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK