Old May 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

On 22 May 2006 06:15:55 -0700, John B
wrote in .com:

4) Trams are good. Having ticket machines onboard is a brilliant idea
and I wish TfL would add them to the bendybuses.

I had cause to use Geneva's Route 28 fron Hôpital de la Tour to
L'Aéroport twice recently, and was amazed to find the buses equipped with
a ticket machine onboard. I don't know what it's like beyond Aéroport but
there are only two demand stops without ticket machines on the stretch I
travelled (Grand Hangar and ICC, IIRC) and I've rarely seen people board
there on the 28 or the 18. Something to keep in mind if you're running
to catch a plane and the 28 pulls up before you've had a chance to buy
your ticket, though.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN