Old September 22nd 03, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ed Crowley Ed Crowley is offline

Default A welcome home

I remember feeling mortified returning back to London with some German
friends after spending two weeks in Munich. They were shocked just how
expensive the Stanstead "Express" was (and not impressed that one carriage
was covered in vomit). Then we transferred to the (delayed) Circle line,
which turned up covered in graffiti and full of litter. It certainly does
make you question how the 4th richest country in the world has a capital
city like this ...

"James Farrar" wrote in message
I've been in San Francisco for ten days.

My first journey back in the UK - journey disturbed by a busker who
got on at Boston Manor - I made a sarky comment and he buggered off
without paying - and then a "homeless, £3.50 for accommodation, it's
not for beer, honest" type on the Connex train ex Charing Cross.

I think I'll go back to a civilised transport system - $1.25 for 90
minutes (2 changes), $45 for a whole month... and no annoying people
on the trains...

--
James Farrar |
London SE 13 |