Old May 23rd 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

On Mon, 22 May 2006 21:07:48 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote in :
In message , at 19:37:03 on
Mon, 22 May 2006, Dr Ivan D. Reid remarked:
I had cause to use Geneva's Route 28 fron Hôpital de la Tour to
L'Aéroport twice recently, and was amazed to find the buses equipped with
a ticket machine onboard.

Are those the bendy trolley buses? Almost as good as trams.

No, the 28 is a diesel bus service. The 10 is the only trolley bus
I've noted in my travels between Aéroport and CERN -- but then again I only
made my first foray into the centre of Geneva last Friday night, after
four years of working at CERN! (CHF142 for 10l of beer, I'll probably
leave it another 4 years before I go again...)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN