Old May 23rd 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

Rian van der Borgt wrote:

No, there's always at least one machine that accepts cash. Stations with
only one ticket machine have the old version - these will be replaced by
the newer touch screen machines that accept both cash and cards.
Note that not all tickets can be bought with cash; I believe they take a
maximum of 15 coins...

That is really rather poor. I don't see how they can justify penalty
fares in that situation, especially given that they don't accept notes
either.

Neil