Old May 23rd 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Ray John Ray is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

Neil Williams wrote:
allan tracy wrote:

It's because there is quite a lot of consumer resistance to credit
cards especially in Germany where it's a cultural thing to not like
them.

Looking at German banks' websites, I don't think I'd have one over
there. The charges (including annual charges, which are now pretty
much unknown over here) are extortionate, and the interest rates poor.

It's not just German banks, or credit cards for that matter. Credit
Lyonnais charges 26 Euros a year for a debit card.

--
John Ray