Old May 23rd 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

On 23 May 2006 19:12:23 GMT, Rian van der Borgt wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
On 23 May 2006 11:47:55 -0700, wrote:

[...]
Yes, my bank account at NatWest is free, but take an example: for
Euro-transactions they charge a hefty £10 on top of the exchange rate.

...which I doubt is legal. Transactions in euro within the EU should
have the same costs as domestic transfers. How does the bank justify
these costs?

I think they price them as they do "SWIFT" (same-day) transfers, for
which they charge silly money when used as domestic transfer (such as
are used during house purchases), rather than a bog-standard BACS
transfer which are generally free (and slow).

ISTR that Nationwide charge something like GBP30 for a Euro transfer,
and the same for a SWIFT transfer.
--
Ross, in Lincoln, most likely being cynical or sarcastic, as ever.
Reply-to will bounce. Replace the junk-trap with my name to e-mail me.

Demonstration of poor photography: http://www.rosspix.me.uk - updated with Czech photos
AD: http://www.merciacharters.co.uk for European charters occasionally gripped by me