Old May 23rd 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Rian van der Borgt Rian van der Borgt is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

On Tue, 23 May 2006 20:37:22 +0100, Ross wrote:
On 23 May 2006 19:12:23 GMT, Rian van der Borgt wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
On 23 May 2006 11:47:55 -0700, wrote:

[...]
Yes, my bank account at NatWest is free, but take an example: for
Euro-transactions they charge a hefty £10 on top of the exchange rate.

...which I doubt is legal. Transactions in euro within the EU should
have the same costs as domestic transfers. How does the bank justify
these costs?

I think they price them as they do "SWIFT" (same-day) transfers [...]

So I gather, they didn't introduce the standard IBAN+BIC transfer that
should last max. 4 days (and would probably be free)? Sounds like
obstruction of EU policy...

Regards,

Rian

--