Old May 24th 06, 10:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

In message , at 10:23:42 on
Wed, 24 May 2006, David Walters remarked:
So I'm still looking for an account where I can get paid my expenses in
Euros (and no exchange rate issues), having previously used Euro funds
from the account to buy my train tickets in Amsterdam.

Citibank seem to have an account that does all that.
http://www.citibank.com/uk/personal/...euro/index.htm

With a sting in the tail:

"A monthly service charge of €20 on each Euro Current Account
will be levied where the credit balance, across your UK Citibank
relationship, falls below the currency equivalent of £2000. "

I tried getting a UK-based dollar account with them several years ago.
At least they *allow* you to have less than £2000 in the accounts
nowadays; then I think they'd have politely shown you the door.

It's also far from clear what "card" they are talking about. Is it a
Citibank VISA (and if so, why do they mainly only mention using it to
get cash from Citibank machines). In any event, if it was a Credit Card,
wouldn't that be a cash advance? What I wanted was a genuine Debit card
that would be accepted for airline and train tickets, hotel rooms etc.