Old May 24th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

In message
Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 22:34:47 on Tue, 23
May 2006, Graeme Wall remarked:
I noticed a sign the other day which strongly implied that the
newsagent that was renting space within the station building (in an
Amsterdam suburb) also sold tickets.

That happens at RAI station but the newsagents is only open in the
morning peak period.

The newsagent at the station I saw was still open at 6pm.

Unless there are exhibitions on there doesn't appear to be a lot of
off-peak traffic at RAI, the station you saw was presumably in a more
populus area.

A dormitory suburb.

Which RAI certainly isn't although it does cater for a lot of cyclist
commuters. The other station I use frequently is the one near Arena which is
in a run-down residential area but caters for the stadium and a multiplex
cinema and shopping complex but that has a full ticket office.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.