Old May 25th 06, 01:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Unusual terminal points on LU

In article . com,
() wrote:

There are loads of reversing points on the District, most of which are
only used in emergencies but are still operational.
From east to west we have:

Hornchurch, Dagenham East, Upney/Barking (via sidings), East Ham,
Plaistow, Bromley-by-Bow, Whitechapel, Aldgate East, Tower Hill (east
to west only), Mansion House (e-w only), Embankment, South Kensington,
Earl's Court, West Kensington, Barons Court/Hammersmith (via siding),
Gunnersbury, Parsons Green, Putney Bridge (bay platform for C stocks
or the mainline shunt over the bridge for D stocks), East Putney and
Wimbledon Park.

There used to be a crossover North of East Putney station for reversing
from the North. I thought it was removed some years ago though.

Regarding the Jubilee, the other 'unusual' reversing points are
Finchley Road, Green Park (using the disused platforms at Charing
Cross), Waterloo, London Bridge, Canary Wharf and West Ham (reversing
via the depot or main line).

Green Park seems to be a regular reversing point, with trains running on
empty to Charing Cross. I've quite often encountered "Terminates here"
trains there. The track towards Charing Cross is incredibly straight so
you can see the empty trains for most of their journeys to Charing Cross
from the Green Park platform.

--
Colin Rosenstiel