Old May 25th 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

In message , at 23:27:12 on
Wed, 24 May 2006, PRAR remarked:

It's also far from clear what "card" they are talking about. Is it a
Citibank VISA (and if so, why do they mainly only mention using it to
get cash from Citibank machines). In any event, if it was a Credit Card,
wouldn't that be a cash advance? What I wanted was a genuine Debit card
that would be accepted for airline and train tickets, hotel rooms etc.

My Citibank card has the DELTA symbol on the back. It seems to work
like a Barclays Connect card - not that I use it for anything.

When I lived in the USA I had a Bank of America account (and it was a
"High Street Bank" where I lived). They issued me with a Debit Card that
had:

a VISA symbol on the front, and
Interlink, Plus & STAR symbols on the back.