Old May 25th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default KXSP update - Western Ticket Hall opens May 28

jb wrote:
So interchange from deep tube to sub-surface will mean a longer
walk than the original (pre-redevelopment) route?

It's temporary while the present stairs / underpass are refurbished
and brought within the ticketing area.

Do you have a date for this "eventual" change? Is it part of the
current project or a "nice-to-have" feature for the indefinite
future?

No dates have been published but yes, it *is* part of the current
project. My guess is that we should see it in service is about six
months.

Thanks. I see that Metronet have now issued a press release about the
completion of the Western Ticket Hall and the enlargement of the old
tube ticket hall, in which they say:

"Once the ticket hall opens on Sunday morning, May 28, it will enable
the remaining Phase 1 works to progress to completion. This will include
the refurbishment of the Metropolitan, Circle and Hammersmith & City
line platforms and the creation of a direct link between these platforms
and the deep Tubes of the Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines,
thereby implementing the remaining recommendation from the Fennell
report into the King's Cross St Pancras fire."

TfL have also issued a press release on the subject, at the end of which
it says:

"The work to deliver the Western Ticket Hall and renewed Tube Ticket
Hall has been completed by Metronet to a high standard.
TfL looks forward to more work of this standard being delivered by
Metronet, across all maintenance and renewal projects.?"

Yes, that extra question mark at the end is in the text at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=791

It looks like they issued the draft, complete with a question mark that
perhaps means "Should we be saying this? Should we add 'instead of the
crap that they usually deliver'?" :-)

--
Richard J.