Old May 27th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Those little machines used by NR staff to check Oyster cards

David Cantrell wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:47:03 +0100, Walter Briscoe
said:

I look forward to a report of the response from SWT.

I predict that the response will be "thankyou for telling us about
this. We value your custom. Here's a worthless voucher that's not
valid for any journey you'll want to make. And we've now thrown your
complaint in the bin".

SWT definitely has training issues with regard to travelcards. I was
travelling from Richmond to Twickenham on a one-day all zones
travelcard, which I had stuck in my season ticket wallet. The guard
insisted on me taking it out, which I couldn't understand the reason
for, and then he crossed through it with his pen.

I asked why he did that when it was a travelcard, and he said that it
could only be used on one return trip on that line. I said again that
it was a travelcard and I could use it as much as I liked, and he
responded on the usual "telling me my job" lines.

I took his name and complained to SWT that he might potentially issue
penalty fares or, more likely, trick people into thinking that they had
to buy another ticket.

Got a bland apology, but why do they have problems like this over such
a simple thing that has been around for years? Could it be because
they make fraudulent money out of it?