Old September 22nd 03, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
I@n I@n is offline

Default "le crossing" A question

Fat Richard wrote:
I have recently become a user of the the Dartford Crossing, something
I need to do every week or so. Coming back South last night with the
family on board we suddenly realised we had made no provision for the
£1 toll. Having slowed to a crawl we eventually scraped together
enough pennies and 5p's from the kids pockets to pay.

Does anyone know what proedure the staff adopt when faced with non
payers ? I asume there must be a mixture of both intentional non
paymers, silly twits like I nearly was and continental arrivees. I
Assume they take Euros for the latter.

they take your details and give you a little blue paper copy of it. You
either pay off the debt (by handing in the slip plus an extra pound) within
a few days or they send a (larger) bill to your house. Don't know how
aggressively they pursue the unpaid blue slips, probably in reality they
just keep a note and don't let you do it a second time.