Old May 28th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Some better, some worse - Amsterdam

In message
Mike Roebuck wrote:

On 26 May 2006 20:42:41 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
wrote:

In uk.railway Mike Roebuck wrote:
[Euro accounts]
It's very easy for a company to get one. I write from experience.

Is that any old company? So can anyone get an account by being a Sole
Trader trading as Made-Up Company Name (which has no assets, income or
outgoings and isn't registered for anything)?

I had no problem getting Euro and dollar accounts for a limited
company, something which you can set up very cheaply in the UK. No
obligation to be registered for VAT, but of course the company name
has to be registered.

As I'm not operating as a sole trader, I can't say what applies to one
(but can ask).

AFAIK (and I haven't checked for years) you can get a personal account
'trading as...'

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.