Old May 29th 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Heathrow to be phased out?

John Rowland wrote:

I can't see the logic of building houses at Heathrow and then complaining
about the job losses devastating West London. Surely Heathrow should be
turned into an industrial estate/business park, if anything.

If it were to be redeveloped, I imagine a semi-independent town would be
in order, with a central office district around the railway stations and
houses surrounding that.

However, I'm sure it would never come to that - there are too many
vested interests in the area. Surely most businesses in the surrounding
area (and indeed many in the Thames Valley) are only there because
Heathrow is there.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7