Old May 30th 06, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default KXSP Ticket Hall Now Open

Paul Oter wrote:

Paul Oter wrote:
The new Western Ticket Hall at King's Cross St Pancras is now open,
with three new entrances: outside King's Cross, on the west side of St
Pancras Road, and a little further west along Euston Road. Two former
street entrances outside King's Cross have closed.

Access to the Met/Circle/H+C is now via the Western Ticket Hall only.

I'll be using this every working day. But here are a few initial
observations:

I was disappointed to see that there are no escalators down into the
new ticket hall, nor are there any down to the Met line platforms.
Although there appear to be lifts I expect lots of people will continue
to struggle up and down the steps with their luggage.

There is some misleading signposting in the Western ticket hall, with
some signs for "St Pancras" pointing west rather than east. Presumably
the signposting refers to the

(I meant) Presumably ths signposting will make more sense when the
Eurostar station is open.

Don't these signs currently direct people via a ramp to street level?