Old May 30th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default BBC News: Tube passengers trapped for hours

On 30 May 2006 03:11:15 -0700, "Kev" wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

"Nearly 150 people were trapped for more than two hours when a Tube
train got stuck underground in north London.
Less than a perfect way to end your bank holiday. The evacuation
finished at 2:50am.

If they were delayed for 2 hours and they didn't get until 3am then it
must have been the last train of the day. I am surprised that it had
150 people on it.

I'm not remotely surprised. I would have expected it to have rather more
given it had just left Highbury - there's a lot of people use the line
north of there even late at night.

Anyway it's a bloody mess that this has happened again on the Victoria
Line and at Highbury. I imagine this incident may well "bring the pains
on" given previous formal investigations into serious incidents
involving evacuations.
--
Paul C