Old May 30th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default East Putney to Clapham Junction

"Phil Clark" wrote:
Travelling this morning on an engineering work special - which
travelled from Wimbledon to Clapham Junction via the District Line,
East Putney and Wandsworth Common - set me wondering - has this line
ever been used as a regular route? And would it be any use if it was?
I suppose it would connect Clapham Junction to the tube, but only to a
relatively remote part of it.

Surely you mean Wandsworth Town, and not Wandsworth Common??

And yes, it would be good to have a proper link to the tube at Clapham
Junction, but it'd have to be going into Central London and not just, as you
say, a relatively remote part of the tube network. The closest they're
going to get is Crossrail 2 (Clapham to Dalston), which will do a massive
job at relieving the burden on Waterloo, and phase 2 of the ELL extension
will help, though that's not going to be part of the tube network by then.

--
AstraVanMan: Yesterday's Technology. Tomorrow.