Old May 30th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default East Putney to Clapham Junction

AstraVanMan wrote:

And yes, it would be good to have a proper link to the tube at Clapham
Junction, but it'd have to be going into Central London and not just, as
you say, a relatively remote part of the tube network. The closest
they're going to get is Crossrail 2 (Clapham to Dalston),

Will our grandchildren still be alive when that happens?

which will do a massive job at relieving the burden on Waterloo, and phase
2 of the ELL extension will help, though that's not going to be part of
the tube network by then.

Of course if it were marketted as still being part of the tube, it would
boost usage and property prices. Is there anything really stopping it from
being presented that way?

More substantially, what level of demand is there for journeys from Clapham
to ELL destinations? I can't see a direct Clapham-Canada Water service
relieving pressure on the Jubilee Line at Waterloo and I'm not sure if
changing at Clapham gets one to Whitechapel faster than from Victoria.