Old May 31st 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Who does one petition for a new nightbus route?

Thank you Paul for the highly informative reply - albeit being not the best
news as far as me trying to get them to do something about it.

So the 69 and a N15 is no good then? Yes it involves a change but you
can do the journey.

To be honest, I didn't even know the 69 was a 24-hr service until you said
so just now! Although it would still be a bit of a pain, changing buses at
the Abbey Arms and hanging around for the 115. Still, at least there's
plenty of yellow MURDER and SERIOUS ASSAULT boards to read to keep me busy
while I wait for the N15 ;-) (Not joking - once I counted three at the
same time at that crossroads). The N15 service east of Blackwall is pretty
poor to be honest... I've waited often for 40 minutes.

Unless I'm very lucky, that 10 minute journey is easily going to take an
hour if it involves waiting two buses, one of which is that part of the
N15....

I don't believe that they could call it a fair alternative.

SNIP
You should write to TfL Buses asking if they have any plans for such a
service. The other people to raise it with are your local councillor
and GLA member. It is worth checking how Newham Council work with TfL
in terms of their regular liaison and consultation process. TfL must
consult local councils over changes and the better authorities
typically post information about such issues on their websites - e.g.
transport committee minutes.

Very thankful for this. My local councillor lives five doors from me so at
least he'll be aware of the situation, not that he probably ever has to rub
shoulders with the "real" people at 2 in the morning outside a chavvy pub
in Stratford. My local GLA member is John Biggs.

SNIP
renewal until 2009 as two of them have just had a two year extension

SNIP

********! Looks like I just missed my chance then.