Old May 31st 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunil Sood Sunil Sood is offline

Default 77A/N77 are no more..

Email from TfL:

---------
I am writing to let you know that from Saturday 3 June 2006, new route 87
will run between Aldwych and Wandsworth, directly replacing route 77A, which
will no longer run.

New night bus route N87 will run between Aldwych and Kingston, replacing
night route N77, which will no longer run. The section of route between
Kingston and Tolworth will be replaced by route 281, which will become a 24
hour service.

Night bus N87 will run every 15 minutes on Sunday to Thursday nights and
every 10 minutes on Friday and Saturday nights.

Can anyone tell me Tfl's thinking in renumbering the 77A (which has been
going for years) and replacing it with the 87 - which is the same route..?
Is it just to get rid of the A suffix or is it something else?

Regards
Sunil