Old May 31st 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default BBC News: Tube passengers trapped for hours

Jonathan Morris wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:
Regarding the victoria line, I'm still affected (I always carry a
torch) by an incident a couple of years ago, between Green Park and
Oxford Circus, where the driver deicded to turn the lights off for the
entire train.

I'm surprised the driver CAN turn the lights off on an underground
train. I guess you can make it clear when a train is out of service,
but what's the point (saving electricity?) otherwise?

Yes he/(she) can, although on 73TS (I can't comment about others) we
have a light comes on to warn us that the lights are off (If you see
what I mean!).

They are not turned off in the usual course of things, but I will turn
them off if the train is running out of service.