Old June 1st 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default Waterloo & City line

Did anyone see London Tonight, where they went to Doncaster to see the
newly refurbished W&C line trains?

First off, they talked about the trains as if they were a million years
old, and falling to bits. As they're the same as the Central Line stock
(as far as I can see), I'd have thought they were anything but falling
to bits. Apart from the refurb inside and a repaint, was there anything
else actually wrong with the trains?

They've fitted CCTV and given it a repaint (presumably/hopefully with
anti-graffitti paint and anti-etch film) but, my god, the colour scheme
- the same as the line - is AWFUL. The seats are sickly, but the
exterior is nice enough. I am now wondering what has the worst interior
- the Jubilee line or this (excluding the old orange/brown District
line stock).

Jonathan