Old June 3rd 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default "LUL in a Day"

"Chris Read" wrote in message i) Lots of long,
slow secondary routes (Kyle, Far North, Mallaig etc)
ii) Lots of doubling back (eg Stranraer, unless buses are permitted, but
they would be slow in any event).
iii) A dense urban network in Glasgow

And thinking of places not in Scotland - you've got that line over to
Aberystwyth - a good 2 hours or so from Birmingham.

I've done 7 day Rail Rovers in the past, and have ticked off most of the
'InterCity' routes, but made relatively little impression on the branches.
And by the end of each week I was totally fatigued - travelling being
somewhat draining even when you just sit in First Class for a few hours
being fed tea and cake.

You can always plan sleeps so you're on a long distance train. That'd be
one way of doing things....

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."