Old June 3rd 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Bus pass and travelcard query

In message of Sat, 3
Jun 2006 13:51:17 in uk.transport.london, Tom Anderson
writes
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Walter Briscoe wrote:

Can I suggest you try cycling? Borrow a bike for a week if you don't
own one. The main problem is that you will be sweaty on arriving at
work.

Probably not. You only get sweaty if you ride like a mad fiend; you can
do a decent clip without breaking a sweat, perhaps except in the height
of summer, but then you're going to be sweating on the bus too!

My experience is otherwise. When I cycle, I am cooled by the flow of
air. When I stop, that flow also stops but I continue to produce heat at
a similar rate for some time. During that time I sweats to the
consternation of those around.

That part of London has some reasonable hills, though; i don't know
what the commute is, but it could be hard work.

The OP said his journey to work ends on top of a hill.
--
Walter Briscoe