Old June 3rd 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Titfield Thunderbolt

Max Batten:
On Classic FM (during a film music programme) the presenter alleged
this film [The Titfield Thunderbolt] was made on the Tallyllyn Railway.
Clearly that is wrong...

The truth is that the author was *inspired to write* the movie
after visiting the Talyllyn Railway and seeing the enthusiasm of
the railfans running it.

as it was standard gauge, but where was it filmed? Anyone know?

On the then recently closed ex-GWR branch from Limpley Stoke to
Camerton, in Somerset. The main-line scene is at Bristol.

(Source: "Railways on the Screen" by John Huntley.)
--
Mark Brader | "Nothing is more sacrosanct than our professional ethics.
Toronto | Fortunately, I know a trick to get around them."