Old June 4th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default "LUL in a Day"

"Roland Perry" wrote in message "Unless you are the
first". *Is* anyone else known to have done that
before? Obviously Lynch wasn't aware of it.

If you allow that train of thought, I could do the same; and be the first
wearing yellow underpants. Or the first to allow myself the luxury of
taxis between stations, or the first to do it wearing yellow underpants,
using taxis, and eating a cheese sandwich at exactly twelve noon.

But are those the "firsts" that people are really interested in?

Indeed. The whole point of the GWR (Guinness World Records) rules is that
they're accessible to pretty much everyone. Not everyone may have a fold-up
push-bike to take with them, or be able to afford the luxury of taxis to
link stations or have a friend meet them at appropriate points during the
day, but most people have the ability to do links on foot, and use
buses/overground links/trams.

I say "nearly everyone" - obviously wheelchair-bound people would be very
restricted. But there may well be enough wheelchair-bound tube enthusiasts
for them to set (and compete for) their own separate record. Obviously a
lot more restrictions apply, but I wonder if it could be done.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."