Old June 4th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default "LUL in a Day"

AstraVanMan wrote:
# What did nag away at my thoughts, though, was the observation
# that the record was achieved in 2h 16m 17s less than the traffic
# day of 20h 52min. Could the skipped network sections be fitted
# within that 2¼h to make an all-lines bash?

Traffic Day? I'm guessing by that they mean the time from the first
operational train departing its starting that day, to the last one
arriving?

Yes.

W. Acton, N. Acton, Ealing Bdwy., Acton Town, Heathrow T.1,2,3,
Turnham Green, Richmond, Upminster.

Unless they changed to the district at Acton Town they'd have
missed out Chiswick Park, surely?

The aim was to cover all *routes*, and the rules declared that the
shared tracks between Barons Court and Ealing Common counted as a single
route. At Chiswick Park, the "fast" (Piccadilly) pair of tracks are
between the "local" (District) tracks.
--
Richard J.