Old June 4th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default "LUL in a Day"

In message , at 10:28:29 on
Sun, 4 Jun 2006, AstraVanMan
remarked:
do the Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines share tracks between Baker
Street and Finchley Road?

No, the Jubilee is in a tube tunnel, and the Metropolitan is in
traditional surface/cut-and-cover.

Right, ok. So it's at Finchley Road, where they both go overground, that
they both start sharing, right?

As far as I recall, yes. At Baker Street the Jubilee (was once part of
the Bakerloo) is in a tube tunnel, and I don't think the lines merge
until Finchley Rd. Even then, they stay as two pairs of track, each
dedicated to one of the lines.