Old June 5th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default tunnel routes

eastender wrote in message
:

"Richard J." wrote:

eastender wrote:
Is there a map showing routes of tube and rail tunnels?

There are various maps that claim to show the geographic routes of
the tubes, as distinct from the Beck-style diagram, but none in my
experience are completely accurate. Some of them are listed at
http://owen.massey.net/tubemaps.html. For example, I have yet to
see a map that shows the route of the Piccadilly Line east of South
Kensington station with its two S-bends.

The .pdf street maps displayed by the TfL Journey Planner are quite
good if you want to check on a particular location. You need to
combine a tube journey with a walking route or a bus journey in the
area concerned.

It was the programme last night on tube crash that got me thinking
where the tunnels go from Drayton Pk down to Moorgate - my office is
in New North Rd and I wonder if I'm above said tunnels, but seems
there is no easy way to find out. Also, there is news that a listed
museum in Spitalfields is worried about location of Crossrail tunnels.

My map shows the Northern and Moorgate to Finsbury Park lines running
(together) up Moorgate and City Road to Old St station. Just north of here,
they diverge, with the Finsbury Park line running under East Road and then
New North Road to Essex Road station where the line continues along
Canonbury - and off the edge of my map!