Old June 5th 06, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default "LUL in a Day"

John Rowland wrote:
No, the Jubilee is in a tube tunnel,

... two tube tunnels...

and the Metropolitan is in traditional surface/cut-and-cover.

I thought that the Met was in one or two tube tunnels for some of the way,
although it seems to be cut and cover at the airhole in Swiss Cottage.

The Met is certainly in two tunnels for some of the way; presumably
these sections are bored rather than C&C, unless there's a reason I've
missed why it would make sense to have twin cut-and-cover tunnels.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org